10.22.2010

Bits: 10.22.10


Mounir Fatmi, Between the Lines, via Art Documents

• After getting hacked, Ubuweb is up, running and nicking content right and left. Writes founder David Goldsmith: "[I]n terms of how we've gone about building the archive, if we had to ask for permission, we wouldn't exist. Because we have no money, we don't ask permission. "

• Slideshow/stop-action animation: Cai Guo-Qiang making the gunpowder painting Odyssey for the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston.

• Video: Chris Beckman’s experimental short film, Oops, composed solely of YouTube videos of people dropping their cameras.

• Election day is Tuesday, and thanks to Minnesota Citizens for the Arts, you can look up various candidates' positions on the arts. (Via MinnPost.)

• Minneapolis exhibition: Yves Klein: With the Void, Full Powers, opens Oct. 23, Walker Art Center.

• Website: Pictures of Muslims Wearing Things, a Tumblr blog reacting to news that MPR analyst Juan Williams has been fired for telling Bill O'Reilly, "
[W]hen I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

No comments: